Monday, September 23, 2013

1)Crosby describes two methods of media communications - Interpersonal Medium and Mass Medium, one allows each participant to have control over content, and the other allows control by only one. I don't think my capstone fits either, where as I would have it be able to be controlled by either one person or many. I had hoped to make my installation flexible to be able to interact with one person or many at a time.

2) I dont agree entirely with Manovichs description of new media. He makes it sound like in order for it to be considered new media, there must be computation and a numerical representation. However we have seen many examples of new media projects without using computation devices. I think my project fits in to his description with its variability, both in structure and programming interchangeability.

3) Not sure how to tie this in..

No comments:

Post a Comment